8.21.2009

Something wrong...

Rode last night, something wasn't right. I can't put a finger on it. I changed both the bit and the saddle pad, which changed saddle fit dramatically, and her leg was a little swollen before I even got on. Perhaps the combination of the three things was off. Backwards was the best idea she could come up with, but I will say that with some resolve I got her going forwards, every time.

I knew something was wrong. So, I decided that as soon as she listened to all of my cues in a nice manner, we would quit. So, that's what we did. I DID give her a pop at the canter once - she rang her tail but surged forward. Good girl.

Got off, hosed her off, feeling her all over to see what I could see. Used Sore-No-More shampoo on her back, legs (except the icky one), neck, and butt, and let that sit and make her feel a little better. Scrubbed the icky leg with Betadine, rinsed the rest of her, and cold hosed the leg. So, our ride was short, but our TLC time was long.

No show @ OSHC this weekend, although I don't know when that was going to be posted somewhere.

No comments: