8.05.2009

Soooo.

Elle had yesterday off, because I suck at life.

Today! I put the Pessoa on her, plus some sheepskin/leather open fronts (since I just found out that polo wraps do nothing good), and hit the ring.

She was super soft and forward at the trot, and GREAT at the canter. She was a little distracted once a car showed up - her head would NOT come to the inside - but her turns and stretch were really good.

I decided to jump today! I looked around at all of the jumps set up, and the one that best suited our needs was a blue wave vertical with a pole kind of over it, kind of just on top of it. We did it from both directions a couple of times, from the trot, and she was GREAT! Actually jumped it, never looked, etc etc. I need work, and lots of it. I was rusty and I was ready for her to just clobber over in the trot, and I got left behind. I'm going to try some more tomorrow or the next day.

After the jumps, she wasn't cantering, but I could pop her up into the canter a stride or two after landing and we would canter our circle.

Don't feel like writing much but yay!

No comments: