10.02.2008

10/1: Wednesday

What a beautiful, perfect day! The temperature was just right and Elle was in top shape. She had enough energy for me to be happy, but not so much that I had any want to hold her back, losing some of what we've been working for - FORWARD!!

So we tacked up and did some light bending, engagement/disengagement, moving off of leg warm up work in the outdoor, and then went out into the field. Marty came around with us with Karen's horse (I think someone said something to her about how I felt, because she was REALLY nice and supportive and complimentary) for one lap, and the lap after that we walked and trotted, with a canter up the hill. TJ tried to canter right out of field, haha, but we went back in and Mike said he wanted us to do some canter work if we were ready for that. I was all for it, as she's so EASY to get going forward in the field. So, he said if we got going, go for it, he and TJ would catch up. I brought her up to a canter and cantered down the whole front part of the field. We came to a walk, let Mike catch up, and then cantered the second stretch before pulling up to go through the hilly/zigzaggy part (we're just not there yet). Walked and trotted with TJ and Mike for a bit, and then really let them gallop up the big hill - they all like that.

Next, Mike stayed behind by the entrance and we again cantered up the first long straight part. We started to do a circle like he said to, and she got a little hot and strong when we were headed back toward TJ and also to the farm. Once I got her head down and around, though, she wanted to break to a trot, but I sat just right, hesitated just one step, and THEN asked her to keep going forward - and I got the nicest, roundest canter. I could feel myself wanting and asking for every step, but not because she was slowing down, we were just in sync. It was super nice!

We went around the field the other way so that we went down the big hill, and she was the straightest coming down it she has been (she usually tries to serpentine down it, I think because of lack of balance) and then we trotted and cantered some. She didn't mind at all when TJ cantered up behind her.

When we got back, we went back in the outdoor for a bit and got a SUPER light trot out of her, then she offered the canter and was right there when I asked her to keep going.

Nothing could ruin the mood of this day!!!

No comments: