10.02.2008

Starting with Michael

To give a little rundown on who Michael is, he's my farrier/barn owner/horse breaker/masseuse/GREAT guy and rider. He grew up breaking and riding race horses, jumpers, dressage horses, etc. His brother is a jockey turned blacksmith. He's really a great guy to have around. Some people have trouble with his teaching style, but I personally get a ton out of it, so to each his own.

I knew that Michael would work with Elle if he had time, and with his last project, Rivers, leaving, I decided to ask if we could work out training board for a month or two, whatever we needed. We decided to start on 9/15/08 and work Elle MWF at 3pm. Some people say that it's best to work 3 days on, 1 day off, but I'm convinced that while that MAY be the best, the most important thing is to be consistent and to set a schedule for yourself that you can actually follow. It's very ambitious for me to say I'm going to ride 7 days a week, but when it doesn't happen I've only let myself down.

No comments: