10.02.2008

9/17: Wednesday

9/17: Wednesday - First day riding and I freaking CANTERED. Hahaha. We started out in the field to get warmed up, just walking, and talking about what I thought the problem was. I told Mike that for the first day, I would like him to bring Elle into the outdoor and put her through her paces to see if she bucks with him, and what he thinks the problem is.

So we left the field, switched horses (I thought it was hard to get Elle to go forward sometimes, nevermind TJ!!!) and he let her offer the canter, got into his halfseat, and she was happy as a clam cantering around the outdoor. Of course, I felt like a fool, and told Michael as much. I got on at that point, though, and he had me get in my half seat and really encourage her to move forward. And she did! We cantered, forward, with no bucking. We only made it up the long side of the ring, but that's alright. That was the first time I cantered outside for more than 3 strides without her trying to dump me (or at least kicking up her heels).

No comments: