10.02.2008

9/24: Wednesday

If my memory serves me, only I rode on Wednesday. I took my whip, and Mike had TJ out. We cantered first to warm up, and then came back to do some slower work. After working on the corners and the energy level in the walk and trot, we picked up our canter. What Mike had me work on was putting the reins in my outside hand and keeping the whip at her butt the whole time and rhythmically tapping her. This would keep her going forward. All the way around the ring, I tapped that butt until she tricked me and broke to the trot. I get the concept, I just have to learn how to decide when it's time to rev her up a little more.

Marty was watching the whole time, and her comment was, "I really think that saddle is making all of the difference in the world." Hey, thanks. I realize I've been riding for 6 months in this saddle and we were NOT getting this when I was working with you, but...yeah, it's probably the saddle, not the hard work or Michael's help.

Brought a damper on my great ride of using my whip and NOT getting bucked off at the canter, but I'm trying not to get down about it.

No comments: