10.02.2008

9/15: Monday

Got to the barn and Jose had bowed a tendon, so we spent some time fixing him up. Vet work and shoeing isn't what I had in mind for our month of training, but Jose obviously had to be cared for, and that I learned was actually very interesting. Mike put a shoe on (but I forget what it was called) to make Cuervo more comfortable, and let me tell you, it really worked!

We spent the rest of the time after shoeing doing groundwork with Elle. Luckily, she's got a pretty good basis, as she came with a strong set of manners and we've reinforced that every day. We did some lasso work, which I hadn't done, and that REALLY gave her the clear picture. Since then, we just do the work in the rope halter or the leather halter, and she's much better about things like stopping for grass, keeping up with me, trotting if I want her to trot in hand, etc etc.

No comments: